If you like spicy flavors, you’ll love this sauce!
You will love the tomato flavor from this recipe, and the combination of the chili powder, pepper and other spices give a spicy and delicious kick!
Follow these steps to prepare this tomato and chili sauce.
Tomato & Chili Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
– 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
– 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
– 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
– 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
– 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
– 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
– 2 Cups Broth
– 1 Tbsp Vinegar
– Salt & Pepper
– Jose Ole Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
1. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add flour and whisk. Let cook for a minute or two until it is bubbly but not brown.
2. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Stir to combine and cook for a minute (keep an eye not to let chili burn or it will turn bitter).
3. Slowly whisk in broth and whisk until smooth.
4. Increase heat to medium-high, whisking often. Let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add vinegar, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve alongside José Olé Taquitos and enjoy!