If you like spicy dishes, this is perfect for you!
Make this super easy and tasty sauce to dip your taquitos or to add some flavor to any dish. The combination of the chili powder, pepper, and other spices is what makes this sauce spicy but delicious, and you will love the flavor the tomato gives to this recipe.
Follow these steps to prepare this tomato and chili sauce.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add flour and whisk. Let cook for a minute or two until it is bubbly but not brown.
2. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Stir to combine and cook for a minute, don’t let chili burn or it will turn bitter.
3. Slowly whisk in broth and whisk until smooth.
4. Increase heat to medium-high, whisking often. Let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.