The perfect dish to get the fiesta started.
Queso Fundido is a famous Mexican recipe. In its most basic form, this is prepared with just melted stringy cheese flavored with onion and garlic. It is often paired with roasted poblano peppers, spicy chorizo or sautéed mushrooms. But now, we’re pairing it with classic poblano and José Olé Chicken Taquitos.
The contrast of the warm, rich cheese and the bright, smoky sauce is 100% addicting. So much that you will eat the entire skillet of Grilled Chicken Taquitos and Roasted Poblano Queso.
This recipe will be perfect for Cinco De Mayo, or your next impromptu fiesta!
Chicken Taquitos with Queso
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
– 2 Poblano Peppers
– 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
– 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
– 1 Cup Whole Milk
– 12 oz Shredded Jack Cheese
– 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
– Salt & Pepper
– Jose Ole Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Add the peppers to the grill and cook for 15 minutes on each side, or until the outer skin is charred black and the peppers are tender. Place the peppers in a resealable plastic bag and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the charred outer skin, the inner seeds, and dice the peppers.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook until slightly thickened.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, peppers, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Add the Taquitos to the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, rolling them along the grates until cooked on all sides and warmed through. Top with cheese sauce, serve and enjoy!