If life gives you blueberries, make blueberry lemonade!
Skip the sugary soda and prepare this Fresh Blueberry Lemonade. It’s so wonderfully sweet and a natural fruit drink.
The best about an everyday lemonade is that is fantastic to drink during any type of occasion, it doesn’t matter the weather or the season. It’s really the perfect way to cool down and relax.
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups sparkling water or club soda
1. Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst.
3. Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Let this blueberry syrup completely cool.
4. Meanwhile, juice the lemons to get 1 cup lemon juice.
5. In a large pitcher, add the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and ice. Stir together.
6. Add the sparkling water or club soda right before enjoying.
Feel free to get creative and prepare a new version of this Fresh Blueberry Lemonade with different type of fruits.
Enjoy your Fresh Blueberry Lemonade!