Prepare this creamy Esquites Guacamole on Cinco de Mayo
Have you ever hear about “esquites”? It’s a word that sounds not as tasty as it really is, because, in fact, is really juicy.
“Esquites” is a corn salad inspired by corn (elote) a style corn on the cob with butter, mayo, cotija cheese and a shot of lime juice.
You will never get tired of this delicious combination of sweet grilled corn, salty butter, and cheese, along with the bright and tart lime juice.
Our addition to this recipe is the avocado, that will add a creamy flavor and texture to the corn. Just imagine the mixture of avocado, with jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime juice to the corn and cotija cheese. It’s the perfect snack with simple healthy ingredients with no guilt for any occasion.
Perfect for dipping!
1. Up to 4 packs of José Olé Burritos
2. 1 tablespoon of butter
3. 1 cup of corn (2 ears)
4. 2 large mashed avocados
5. ¼ cup of cotija (feta, or panela cheese, crumbled
6. 2 tablespoons of lime juice (1 lime)
7. 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
8. ¼ cup of onion, finely diced
9. 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
10. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat
2. Add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, about 6-10 minutes. Mix it up and let it chat again for 6 to 10 minutes, and remove from the heat.
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients and mix everything with the guacamole.
Forget about preparing the classic guacamole recipe! This corn and cotija guacamole make a perfect and amazing addition to any celebration.
Side this corn and avocado dip with your José Olé Burritos or Taquitos and Taste the Fiesta!
Download here the grocery list so you can enjoy this tasty guacamole!