A tasty and sweet flavor you’ll love.
Arroz con leche literally means rice with milk if you translate it but most people call it Mexican sweet rice.
The combination of rice, sweetened condensed milk, and cinnamon it’s absolutely delicious! And the best part of this sweet treat is that it is really easy to make. Follow these steps to prepare this mexican sweet rice.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Ground cinnamon for topping
1. In a large saucepan, bring the water and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Add the rice, reduce heat and bring to a boil again.
2. Stir in 2 cups of the milk until the rice starts to thicken. Add in the other two cups of milk, vanilla extract, and the sweetened and condensed milk. Allow simmering until thick or your desired consistency.
3. Remove the cinnamon sticks, allow to cool, sprinkle with cinnamon.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy this sweet treat after eating your favorite José Olé Taquitos.