Ideal for Cheese Lovers
If you’re a cheese lover, you will enjoy this famous choriqueso recipe, or “queso flameado” as it’s known in the north part of Mexico.
This is a hearty dish is perfect with our crispier than ever José Olé Beef Taquitos!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
– 2 Ancho Chiles (seeded & chopped)
– 1/4 Cup Water
– 2 Tbsp Yellow Onions (chopped)
– 1 Clove Garlic (chopped)
– 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
– 1/2 Tsp Paprika
– 1/4 Tsp Cayenne
– 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
– 1/2 lb Chorizo
– 1 lb Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
– Jose Ole Beef & Cheese Taquitos
1. Place the chiles, vinegar and water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add onions, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika and cayenne then blend again. If the mixture is too thick, you can add water to reach the desired consistency.
2. Warm the vegetable oil in a large broiler-safe skillet over medium-low heat and then pour in the chile sauce and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the chorizo and stir until combined with the chile sauce. Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and cover with shredded cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.
5. Transfer skillet to center of tray (be careful of heat), surround with taquitos, serve and enjoy!