Get the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Started!
Any José Olé meal needs to be served with the perfect side, like this delicious and fresh Spicy Bean Salsa that will be great for your José Olé Taquitos (of your choice) or your Chimichangas.
The Black Beans and the peppers, combined with the tomatoes and onions will give this salad a juicy, salty, and wonderful flavor.
- 1 (15 oz) can of black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cups of onion, chopped
- ½ cups of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can of diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 oz( can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup of Italian-style salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of black-eyed peas, corn, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
2. Season the mix with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt and mix well.
3. Cover, and refrigerate up to 3 hours to blend the flavors.
Serve this spicy bean salsa with tortilla chips! Your guests will find it really addictive. Get the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta started!