Delicious Chicken Casserole
Mexican cuisine has a great variety of dishes and flavors.
Each city across the whole country had different and typical dishes that represent the variety of ingredients likes spices, vegetables, proteins or even the flour for the tortillas.
One of the most famous and favorite recipes in the table of any Mexican family is this tortilla and chicken casserole that is, mostly, reserved for special occasions, the delicious Azteca Cake (Pastel Azteca).
Here’s an easy way to prepare this Azteca Cake but including José Olé Chicken or Beef Taquitos as the main ingredient for this Cinco de Mayo recipe.
If you’d like a crunchy casserole of Azteca Cake with José Olé Chicken or Beef Taquitos, don’t bake it, let it sit for about 10 minutes after pouring the tomato sauce.
1.2 boxes of 1 oz of José Olé Chicken Taquitos (or Beef Taquitos)
2. 1 chicken breast, shredded
3. 1 lb of tomatoes
4. 1 medium size onion
5. 3 garlic cloves, peeled
6. 1-2 canned chipotle adobo peppers
7. 3 cups of chicken broth
8. 10 oz. Chihuahua cheese shredded (4 cups approx.)
9. Sour cream
1. Blend together the tomatoes, ¾ of the onion, garlic and the adobo peppers using one cup of chicken broth.
2. Pour the mixture into a large pot.
3. Add the rest of the chicken broth and salt. Let it simmer up to 10 minutes over medium heat.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
5. Cut the rest of the onion in thin slices.
6. Place a layer of José Olé Chicken taquitos at the bottom of a baking dish.
7. Add another layer using half of the shredded chicken, onion, and 1 cup of shredded Chihuahua cheese.
8. Pour some of the tomato sauce.
9. Add another layer of the same ingredients until complete 3 layers of José Olé Chicken Taquitos with the mix.
10. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce.
11. Top off with another cup of shredded cheese.
12. Add a 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
13. Bake for 25 minutes.
Enjoy your José Olé Azteca Cake with a tomatillo sauce and more sour cream to taste. You can also include in your table an avocado sauce or a chunky guacamole.
Enter for a chance to win your VIP KIT here and enjoy this Azteca Cake during Cinco de Mayo.
Just Say Olé!