Ideal for Cheese Lovers
If you´re a cheese lover, you will enjoy this famous choriqueso recipe, or “queso flameado” as well known in the north part of Mexico.
Your family and guests will enjoy this tasty Choriqueso recipe with a creamy texture that it’s ideal to be eaten with tortillas or tostadas, but that can be easily enjoyed with your José Olé Beef Taquitos.
1. 1 box of 10 José Olé Beef Taquitos
2. 2 ancho chiles, seeded and chopped
3. ¼ cup of water
4. 2 tablespoons of chopped yellow onions
5. 1 clove of garlic, chopped
6. ½ teaspoon kosher salt
7. ½ teaspoon ground cumin
8.½ teaspoon of paprika
9. ¼ teaspoon cayenne
10. 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
11. ½ pound of chorizo
12. 1 pound of Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1.Place the chile anchos in a blender with the vinegar and the water.
2. Blend until smooth, then add the onions, the garlic, add salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
3. Blend again until smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula.
4. Add water if it´s too stiff to blend
5. Warm the vegetable oil in a large broiler-safe skillet over medium-low heat and then pour in the chile and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the chorizo and stir until well combined with the chile. sauce.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
8. Adjust the seasonings if you like until you get the taste you like.
9. Sprinkle the Monterrey Cheese over the cooked chorizo in the skillet.
10. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook for 2 mins or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.
Place the skillet in the center of the table with your José Olé Beef Taquitos. You can prepare a red chile sauce or a chile verde sauce for this dish.
Feel free to grab a tortilla and fill it with some Tasty Choriqueso. This will be another option to satisfy what you´re craving.
Dip and enjoy!