Chipotle & Bean Flavor Sensation!
This is probably the best Spicy Chipotle Bean Dip you will ever taste, ideal for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta or for any occasion.
This Spicy Chipotle Bean Dip recipe is all about flavor; the saute of the onions with the garlic, the texture of the beans, and the adobo peppers will give this dip a smokey flavor you will crave!
1. 1 box of José Olé Chicken Taquitos or José Olé Beef Taquitos
2. 2 teaspoons of olive oil
3. ½ cup chopped onions
4. 3 minced garlic cloves
5. 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced
6. 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
7. ½ teaspoons of dried oregano
8. 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce (optional)
9. 2 (15 oz) of cans fat-free refried beans
10. 2 tablespoons salsa or 2 tablespoons Rotel tomatoes & chilies more to taste
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add some onions, garlic, and the chipotle peppers.
3. Stir and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onion softens.
4. Add cumin, oregano, and adobo sauce (if using), stirring to awaken herb flavors, about 2 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in refried beans.
6. Splash some salsa or Rotel around beans and stir to combine.
If you’re, not a fan of “picante” and this is really spicy, add more beans for texture, or you can use less of the adobo sauce and just 1 chipotle pepper.
This Cinco de Mayo recipe will be great to enjoy some beef nachos, some José Olé Taquitos or just with some tortilla chips.
Just Say Olé this Cinco de Mayo!