Taco Inspired Lasagna Dish
A mix between Mexican and classic Italian
Time of preparation: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 5 to 10 people
Layer up the flavor of your meals or dinner with this lasagna inspired dish.
A recipe for true Mexican food lovers. Tacos, burritos, taquitos, nachos … tasty treats to eat on a regular basis! Try something new with these José Olé appetizers. Try this delicious Mexican lasagna with mini tacos on top! Not only is the Mini Taco Lasagna a really wonderful dish to present at a party because it looks so fun, but it’s also hands-down one of the tastiest Mexican dinners you will ever make. Best of all, it is SIMPLE to make (super important!).
Just like a traditional lasagna dish, this Mexican Taco Lasagna is layered. But, this Mexican recipe uses tortillas, chiles, and tacos instead of pasta, ricotta, and mozzarella!
The lasagna is baked in an 8×8 square dish and can be divided up as part of a meal, or it can be divided up into appetizers if you have a fiesta. Who doesn’t love meals that can serve different purposes like that?! If you’re looking for a new, unique, easy, and scrumptious Cinco de Mayo recipe idea, try this!
If you’re throwing a Cinco de Mayo party, cut the lasagna into small pieces so your guests can grab one taco piece at a time (although they’ll come back for more). Place some sour cream and fresh guacamole out for the side. A little Spanish style rice and even some sweet corn cakes would be great for it too! Don’t forget the chips and salsa!
Ingredients for this taco lasagna inspired dish:
- José Olé Beef & Cheese Mini Tacos
- Non-stick spray
- About 9 corn tortillas
- 1 can of pinto beans (drained)
- 4 oz. can of sliced olives
- 7 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 1 packet of powder taco seasoning
- 1 bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 3/4 cups of salsa
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray and preheat your oven to 400° F
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat
- Mix in the taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of salsa
- Place about 1/2 – 3/4 cup of the meat on the bottom of the baking dish
- Sprinkle the diced green chilies, sliced olives, and cheese on top.
- Place 3 corn tortillas on top (2 full and one sliced in half).
- Repeat steps 4-6 two more times.
- Cover the dish with foil and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the foil and place 10 José Olé Beef & Cheese Mini tacos on top.
- Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and side dishes!
- Cover leftovers with foil and refrigerate. Reheat as necessary.
Your guests will be so intrigued by this creative dish. It is most definitely going to get them in the mood and have a nice meal!
Serves 5-10 people depending on how the dish is presented. 1 taco lasagna piece as a party dish, 2 taco lasagna pieces as part of a meal.